Policies for using Waverley Chapel
These policies help ensure your guests' safety and that the chapel is left in the same condition as when you arrived.
- The Church shall only be used for religious services and ceremonies which have been previously reserved on a first come, first serve basis, by means of calling (714) 532-5245 and securing a time with the wedding coordinator.
- All usage of the church shall be subject to and conditioned upon compliance with these policies. One or more responsible adults (the "Responsible Party") who shall be identified at the time the Church is reserved, shall be responsible for compliance with these Policies.
- All weddings shall be under the supervision of a coordinator who shall be designated or approved by Fairhaven Memorial Park and all funerals shall be under the supervision of Fairhaven.
- No smoking shall be permitted within Waverley Church or upon the premises it occupies. Smoking is permitted in the parking lot area.
- No hazardous substance shall be permitted within Waverley Church or upon the premises it occupies, including, without limitation, any flammable materials other than candles in candelabras approved by Fairhaven Memorial Park. Battery operated candles are permissible.
- Only audio/acoustical and other electronic equipment which has been previously approved by the wedding coordinator or other representative of Fairhaven Memorial Park may be used in connection with the use of Waverley Church.
- The Responsible Party shall be responsible for leaving Waverley Church in a "broom clean" condition at the conclusion of the subject use; Fairhaven Memorial Park, requires a cleaning deposit of $100 in order to insure compliance with this requirement. Part or all of the deposit may be forfeited if the facility is not left in "broom clean" condition.
- No rice, birdseed, rose petals, confetti or any other materials are allowed to be thrown in or around the buildings.
- The Responsible Party shall be responsible for any damage done to the buildings or furnishings by guests, florists, photographers, and other invitees.
- Rental charges include the use of existing chairs and tables only. Additional tables and chairs should be arranged for by the Responsible Party.
- Any additional equipment or furnishings required must be procured and removed by the user. Contact must be made with the wedding coordinator or Fairhaven Memorial Park before using additional electrical equipment to ensure adequate power supply.
- The Church building must be vacated by 10:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and 11:59 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Responsible Party must maintain their own liability insurance and sign the "Indemnify and Hold Harmless" agreement below releasing Fairhaven Memorial Park from responsibility for any personal injury which may be sustained by the Responsible Party or any person on the premises pertaining to the rental function.
- The Responsible Party must familiarize themselves with the floor plans of the church as shown on the reverse including all fire escapes. The Responsible Party must observe the No Smoking policy on the premises.
- A minimum deposit of $200.00 is required to secure Waverley Church at the signing of this agreement in order to confirm reservations. Such deposit is non refundable. The balance due must be paid no later than 1 day prior to the event. Cancellation of this rental agreement by the renter at any time after this agreement has been accepted by Waverley Church will result in forfeiture of all monies already paid.
- There will be an additional charge of $150 per hour for any time over the contracted number of hours.